• With lymph node involvement: poke root (Phytolacca americana), red root (Ceanothus americanus); maximum dose of poke root is 0.4 ml a day.
• With nausea: ginger root (Zingiber officinale), fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare)
• With exhaustion: oatstraw (Avena sativa), skullcap (Scutellaria lateriflora)
Herbs are generally available as dried extracts (pills, capsules, or tablets), teas, or tinctures (alcohol extraction, unless otherwise noted). Dose for teas is 1 heaping tsp./cup water steeped for 10 minutes (roots need 20 minutes).
An experienced homeopath considers both your symptoms and constitutional type in order to create an individualized treatment regimen. Some of the most common homeopathic remedies that may helpful in treating symptoms associated with breast cancer are listed below.
• Arsenicum for anxiety and nausea, with restlessness and burning pains
• Ipecac for nausea unrelieved by vomiting
• Nux vomica for sharp abdominal pains with anger and collapse Acute dose is three to five pellets of 12X to 30C every one to four hours until symptoms are relieved